Xero Accounting Platinum Partner Zerobooks on Their Marketing Strategy
Our online interview with Greg Tuckwell from automated accounting firm and Xero Platinum Partner—Zerobooks, was a blast.
If a professional peer of mine had achieved what he had in the past 3 years, I’d want to find out a few specific tips, direct from the source.
Greg and Zerobooks has:
- Gone from startup to Platinum Xero Partner (500+ Xero files) within 2 years
- Applied automation and process improvement to now produce in 30 minutes what other accounting firms (who have told him this) would take 2 to 3 weeks to get through
- Even though they’re a regional Australian firm, they are now generating 30-40% of their revenue from clients outside of Australia (that’s worth re-reading)
- Implemented content-driven marketing such as blogging and social media from Day 1—with the support of PARADOX—to achieve a steady stream of pre-qualified inbound leads
- The business is up 50% on its Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) compared to this time last year, and…
All this has happened despite the fact that Greg has only set foot inside his office twice in the past 8 months, because he’s been been going through cancer treatment. Thankfully that has progressed better than expected and Greg’s turned the corner now.
Let me just say that again:
- Greg has been to his office twice in the past 8 months
- He’s been battling cancer
- Yet his business has grown by 50% in that time.
How does that happen? Find out in the interview.
A little about Zerobooks (1:45)
The Zerobooks strategy (10:00)
- Business model, and core competencies and value proposition
- Focus on automated accounting and process improvement
Examples of Zero automation in action (21:10)
- Doing in 30 mins work that would take other accounting firms 2-3 weeks to do in-house.
Greg’s last 8 months (29:00)
- Battle with cancer
- Set foot in the office twice in 8 months
- Despite this Nov MRR was up 50% on June
- 30-40% of new business is outside Australia
Zerobooks’ marketing model (37:20)
- Relationship building
- Blogging and digital presence
- Organic search
- Social media
- Email newsletter
Lead Gen (48:00)
- Social media
- Lead Magnets
Sales process (51:40)
Question time (1:04:00)
- Helping clients use Xero and stay up to date
- Quality Controlling offshore work
- Practice Ignition
- Practice Management Platform
- Paid traffic