Is your accounting firm team Grinder-heavy? Find out what it’s costing you
As a progressive accountant or advisor, you want to offer the most value to your small business clients.
But to achieve that you need the right people — the right team. You need a mix of Finders, Minders, Grinders, and Reminders.
Far too many accountants and advisors are hiring technicians (Grinders) — people who love a task list but see client meetings as disruptions rather than engaging or fulfilling.
Think about your firm. Think about your advisors and your support team. Does your accounting firm have The Winning Mix?
If each of the social styles are present and optimally represented in your firm, congratulations! That’s a huge win that, combined with other factors, will put you on a path to high growth and success as we’ve seen at PARADOX among many award-winning firms.
If not, don’t panic you’re not alone. See the situation for what it is.
This represents an opportunity to change and re-orient your firm. And doing that doesn’t mean firing all the Grinders and trying to hire Minders and Finders and a Reminder social style.
Set aside some time in your calendar to watch our online training session on The Winning Mix. This recording will help you understand the problem plaguing accounting and advisory firms.
More than that, it will give you pointers and ideas that you can take to resolve it.
- 00:00 — Introduction
- 06:30 — The upstream and downstream questions to understand to achieve The Winning Mix
- 25:00 — What does your team’s social style mix look like, is your firm advising as best you can?
- 30:30 — Assertiveness + Responsiveness
- 41:45 — Minders, Grinders, Finders, and Reminders
- 47:00 — Assertiveness and Responsiveness behaviours
- 51:00 — The People Paradox — What’s your team’s social profile?
- 55:00 — Feedback from a large firm about hiring advisors